First Annual Richard Garner Memorial Ride Raises Over $14,000 For Scholarship Fund
- Deprecated function: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in require_once() (line 142 of D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sites\all\modules\ldap\ldap_servers\ldap_servers.module).
- Deprecated function: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in include_once() (line 3493 of D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\includes\bootstrap.inc).
- Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in Drupal\gmap\GmapDefaults->__construct() (line 107 of D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sites\all\modules\gmap\lib\Drupal\gmap\GmapDefaults.php).
- Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in require_once() (line 341 of D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\includes\module.inc).
- Deprecated function: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in include_once() (line 480 of D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sites\all\modules\ctools\includes\plugins.inc).
- Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in entity_extract_ids() (line 8000 of D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\includes\common.inc).
- Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in entity_extract_ids() (line 8001 of D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\includes\common.inc).
Posted on Friday, Jul. 20, 2018 at 12:15 pm
On Friday, June 29, 300 Harley-Davidson enthusiasts and other supporters convened to honor late firefighter/paramedic Richard Garner in the First Annual Richard Garner Memorial Ride.
The event was organized by Fire Fighters Local 311 and Harley-Davidson of Madison with support from the City of Madison Fire Department. Several off-duty firefighters participated, and on-duty crews were there to send off the bikers in style. During a kickoff ceremony, Engine 10 was formally recognized for being officially named after Richard Garner.
Garner had many interests, but he was particularly passionate about riding his motorcycle, which he said was a source of rejuvenation after a hard day at work. The folks at Harley-Davidson of Madison knew him well, so it made perfect sense to build a charity event around one of his favorite hobbies.
All told, the net revenue from this event topped out at $14,500—well above the goal of $10,000—and will go on to support the newly-established Richard Garner Memorial Scholarship fund.
Photos by Retired AE Steve Dahlgren