Open House for Upcoming Plans in Northeast Area
The City of Madison Planning Division is excited to announce an Open House for upcoming plans, projects, and initiatives in the Northeast Area. The event is a great opportunity to hear directly from City staff about proposed improvements aimed at serving the needs of residents in Northeast Madison.
The City has been working to engage with as many residents as possible to hear their thoughts about land use, housing, transit, streets, parks, and other community facilities in the area.
“We’re covering a lot of ground during this meeting, so I encourage people to come participate! City staff will talk about topics that impact all of us - from transportation, to park improvements, to voting and more,” said Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway. “This event is part of the City’s ongoing efforts to engage residents and ensure that everyone who lives in the area will have a say in the future of their community. The open house format makes it easy for residents to get the information they need and share their perspectives on multiple projects at a single event, rather than having to attend several different meetings.”
During the Open House, residents will listen to overviews of several projects and initiatives from City staff and then have an opportunity to give feedback and ask questions.
The Open House will be held Wednesday, March 29th at 6:00 pm at Madison College’s Truax Main Building, Room D1630, 1701 Wright Street. Click here to see map for directions and parking information. Bus route number 6 runs until 10:40pm and bus route number 20 runs until 10:14pm.
What topics will be covered?
The following topics will be covered at the meeting.
- Northeast Area Plan – Planning Division
- Imagination Center at Reindahl Park – Madison Public Library
- Temporary and Permanent Shelters – Community Development Division
- Neighborhood Parks Development Planning & Sycamore Park Master Plan – Parks Division
- Bus Rapid Transit and Transit Network Redesign – Metro Transit
- Starkweather Creek Watershed Flood Inundation Study – Engineering Division
- Dane County Regional Airport Noise Mitigation Study – Planning Division
- Polling Places and Elections – Clerk’s Office
- Well 15 PFAs Treatment – Madison Water Utility
Light snacks and coffee will be provided during the event. Childcare and translation assistance can be provided upon request one day prior to the event.
The Northeast Area Plan (click here to see map) generally covers the area bounded by Interstate 90-94 on the east, Aberg Avenue/State Road 30 on the south, and Packers Avenue and County Road CV on the west, and Buckley Road/Token Creek on the north.
For General Information:
Angela Puerta, Planner
Dan McAuliffe, Planner