Ballot Drop-Off Sites
Voters wishing to return their absentee ballots in person may do so at one of our ballot drop-off sites. Locations, dates, and hours will be added to this website as they are confirmed by the City Clerk's Office, so check for an updated list when ballots are mailed September 17.
A poll worker wearing a high visibility vest will be present outside the following locations to accept your absentee ballot and to serve as your witness, if needed, at the following locations (weather permitting). Voters who need a witness should bring their blank ballot and absentee certificate envelope from home.
City Clerk's Office
210 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Weekdays, September 22 - November 2, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Library Dream Bus
Look for the poll worker alongside the Library Dream Bus at these locations, only at the times listed:
- 7933 Tree Lane, Mondays in Sept & Oct, 12-12:45 p.m.
- The Crossings, 1128 Morraine View Dr, Mondays in Sept & Oct,1-2 p.m.
- ReNew, 6723 Schroeder Rd, Mondays in Sept & Oct, 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- Leopold Elementary School, 2602 Post Rd, Tuesdays in Sept & Oct, 11 a.m. - noon
- Bridge - Lakepoint - Waunona Community Center, 1917 Lake Point Dr, Tuesdays in Sept & Oct, 12:15-1:15 p.m.
- Mendota Elementary School, 4002 School Rd, Wednesdays in Sept & Oct, 1-2 p.m.
- Kennedy Heights Community Center, 199 Kennedy Heights, Wednesdays in Sept & Oct, 2:15-3:15 p.m.
- Oak Park Terrace, 571 Branding Ln, Wednesdays in Sept & Oct, 3:30-4 p.m.
- Sandburg Elementary School, 4114 Donald Dr, Thursdays in Sept & Oct, 11:30 a.m. - noon
- East Madison Community Center, 8 Straubel Ct, Thursdays in Sept & Oct, 2-2:30 p.m.
- Allied Drive Learning Center, 2237 Allied Dr, Fridays in Sept & Oct, 1-1:45 p.m.
- Owl Creek, 23 Horned Owl Dr, Fridays in Sept & Oct, 2:15-3 p.m.
October 20 - November 1
Check locations and hours.
Your own polling place on Election Day
Tuesday, November 3, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
You may return your ballot via drop box until 5 p.m. Monday, November 2. If returning your absentee ballot on Election Day, please take it directly to your polling location.
- Fire Station 1: 316 W Dayton St
- Box is located just east of the main driveway.
- Fire Station 2: 421 Grand Canyon Dr
- Box is located on west side of Grand Teton Pkwy before the station’s back driveway.
- Fire Station 3: 1217 Williamson St
- Box is located in small garden just outside station front door. Walk-up traffic only.
- Fire Station 4: 1437 Monroe St
- Box is located just east of driveway right across from the badger at Camp Randall. Just beneath the Madison: Solar America City sign.
- Fire Station 5: 4418 Cottage Grove Rd
- Box is located on Atlas Ave between the bus stop and the station’s back driveway.
- Fire Station 6: 825 W Badger Rd
- Box is located behind station on west side of Perry St just south of Madison College driveway.
- Fire Station 8: 3945 Lien Rd
- Box is located east of station on east side of Parkside Dr.
- Fire Station 9: 201 N Midvale Blvd
- Box is located behind station on west side of Meadow Ln.
- Fire Station 10: 1517 Troy Dr
- Box is located on north side of station near the intersection of Troy Dr and Hanover St.
- Fire Station 11: 4011 Morgan Way
- Box is located behind station on east side of Crossing Pl between station driveway and intersection of Crossing Pl and Nelson Rd.
- Fire Station 12: 400 South Point Rd
- Box is located just north of station on South Point Rd near intersection of South Point Rd and Briar Haven Dr.
- Fire Station 13: 6350 Town Center Dr
- Box is located just east of station driveway on north side of Town Center Dr.
- Fire Station 14: 3201 Dairy Dr
- Box is located just north of station driveway near intersection of Dairy Dr and Prairie Dock Dr.
- Elver Park Shelter: 1250 McKenna Blvd
- Box is located in island of the circle drive near the park shelter.