Temporary No Parking Signs
Temporary No Parking signs are issued for areas where there are no parking meters, for a number of purposes:
- to accommodate large moving trucks or oversized vehicles
- to facilitate construction or other utility work on property, in the street or adjacent to the street
- to accommodate weddings or funerals
Signs for weddings and funerals are provided at no charge per city ordinance.
- to prohibit parking for block parties, races, or parades.
If No Parking signs are to be used as part of a block party, race, or parade, a Street Use Permit or Parade Permit must be obtained in advance. If construction is to occur, and depending on the type, a Street Occupancy Permit may be required.
Meter Signs are reviewed and issued for each request.
- Temporary No Parking Signs cost $2.00 per sign.
- Signs must be posted by the purchaser, at a minimum of 48 hours in advance of occupancy for enforceability.
- For more information or to request Temporary No Parking Signs, call the Parking Utility at (608) 266-4761.
- Vehicles may not idle in excess of 5 minutes -- MGO (12.1291 & 28.141)