Meter Signs are used to secure on-street parking in metered spaces, for a number purposes:
- to accommodate large moving trucks and other oversize vehicles
- to facilitate construction or other utility work on property and adjacent to the street.
- to prohibit parking for block parties, races, or parades.
- to accommodate funerals or weddings
Meter Signs issuing timeframes:
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
8:00 am - 1:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
*If the parking space will be in use before and after 1:00 pm, a full day will be required.
- The cost to reserve a parking space is $18.00 per full day and $10.00 per half day, Monday through Saturday. No fee is charged for meters on Sundays.
- There is a $2.00 charge per Meter Sign issued.
- Signs are placed on meters by the purchaser. The Meter Signs and zip ties must be removed immediately after use and recycled by the purchaser. Additional fees can accrue for Meter Signs not properly removed and discarded.
- For more information or to request Meter Signs, call Parking Division at (608) 266-4761.
- Meter Sign Information Sheet PDF
- Vehicles may not idle in excess of 5 minutes -- MGO (12.1291 & 28.141)