2021 Sustainable Transportation Series
By Rachel Darken, Administrative Assistant
For the second year in a row, City of Madison Fleet collaborated with Alliant Energy, Madison Gas & Electric, and Wisconsin Clean Cities to bring you Sustainable Transportation, a virtual educational series for fleets. During the four-week series this fall, each session brings together industry experts to talk about a variety of sustainable transportation topics.
Our very own superintendent, Mahanth Joishy, participated in the first session to discuss how we maintain our sustainable fleet. He was joined by Lonnie Fischer, Fleet Services Manager for the City of Milwaukee – Fleet Services Section, and Paul Flogel, Automotive Technology Program Director & Instructor at Madison Area Technical College. Even though this session has passed, you can still watch a recording of the discussion.
There are two more weeks of the series left – register today!
Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 1:00 pm CT
Hear from industry leaders across the Midwest as they share their personal experiences with planning for the deployment of electric vehicles in their fleet. Get your questions answered about transitioning your own fleet to electric from those who have done it themselves. Go behind the scenes for a virtual tour of an electric vehicle fleet!
- Dan Bowermaster, Senior Program Manager, Electric Transportation, EPRI
- Trevor Jung, Transit Manager, City of Racine
Learn more about:
• Light, medium and heavy-duty EVs coming to market
• Identifying opportunities within your fleet
• Innovative EV technologies & applications available for your fleet
• Incentives and funding currently available for fleet EVs
Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 1:00 pm CT
Join a panel of industry leaders from across the Midwest as they discuss best practices and lessons learned from deploying electric vehicle charging infrastructure for fleets. Learn how to assess and plan for your fleet’s charging infrastructure needs and find out how to make the most of your investment. Go behind the scenes on a virtual tour of an electric vehicle fleet charging facility.
Learn more about:
• Challenges and best practices of deploying fleet charging infrastructure
• Strategies for implementing charging infrastructure for your EV fleet
• The value of facility assessments
• Charging station and load management
• Incentives and funding currently available for EV charging infrastructure