OD supports the mission of Human Resources to recruit, develop, and sustain a diverse, talented, and engaged workforce and to build a City whose commitment to learning and creativity contributes to a thriving community. Our aim is to create a City culture where:
- Employees at all levels are encouraged to participate in making decisions that impact our community.
- Employee wellness is essential to the success of our organization.
- Continuous learning and creativity are expected and recognized.
- Data drives decisions.
- The diverse needs of employees are considered in everything we do.
In order to accomplish this, we will:
- Provide learning and growth opportunities.
- Foster and support quality and customer focus as a way of doing business.
- Facilitate cultural change through interventions and initiatives.
- Promote and facilitate strategic thinking.
- Utilize racial equity tools in our development and decision-making processes.
- Forge partnerships within the organization and the community.
OD staff can provide individual employee assistance, assist each agency in developing training programs, and provide human resource consulting to aid in resolving specific agency challenges.
Many courses are open to the public. Registration is limited, so be sure to sign up well in advance!