Become a Student Official!
High school students may also become election officials!
Election Officials facilitate the right to vote on election day. They greet voters, check voters into the poll book, register voters, and issue ballots. With approval from your principal, you may be excused from school to serve as an election official.
- Election Officials are paid.
- Experience how elections are run.
- Apply this experience to your resume and college applications.
- Serve your community.
Students may select a preferred shift.
Morning: 6:00 am – 1:30 pm
Afternoon: 1:00 pm – 9:30 pm
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Be 16 years old or older.
- Ability to effectively work well with multicultural populations.
- Have a strong attention to detail.
- Have good problem solving abilities.
- Be an effective communicator.
Election Officials are paid for one hour of training. High schools can ask the Clerk’s Office to offer training at school at a time that would work for students.
Election Officials in Madison are paid the hourly living wage.