Electronics must be delivered to the Streets Division’s drop-off sites, or to a reputable private electronics recycler in the area. These steps will protect your data and ensure the hazardous materials inside them are handled and recycled safely.

All electronics are accepted from City of Madison residents at the Streets Division drop-off sites at no cost. The City of Madison cannot accept electronics from businesses.

What electronics can you recycle at the drop-off sites?
Televisions, computers, printers, and many other common electronics are banned from landfills in Wisconsin, and are accepted at the drop-off sites for recycling.

Many other electronic items like gaming systems, Christmas tree lights, vacuums, stereo equipment, kitchen appliances, hair dryers, and so on can be recycled at the drop-off sites, too.
Household batteries are also accepted at the drop-off sites.

For more details, go to www.cityofmadison.com/ecycle or consult the Electronics Recycling section of the Recyclopedia.

Drop-off Sites Information
Residents can bring one load of items accepted at the drop-off site per day.

The single load cannot be larger than what would fit into a standard pick-up truck bed or small single-axle trailer. Loads larger than those guidelines will be denied access.

Drop-off sites are for City of Madison residents and taxpayers only. Contractors may not use these facilities.

In order to use the sites, individuals must provide proof they are a resident of the City of Madison. Many individuals show their driver’s license, but other official documents like utility bills or rental agreements can be used.

Check the drop-off site website to be sure you know the location of the sites and their hours before loading your vehicle.

Businesses Cannot Use Streets Division for Electronics Recycling
Since the City of Madison is part of the Wisconsin DNR e-Cycle program, businesses cannot use City services for electronics recycling.

Additional Information
If there are questions, all residents are encouraged to contact the Streets Division.

Residents who live east of S. Park Street, and that includes the isthmus, should call 608-246-4532.

Residents west of S. Park Street, and that includes the neighborhoods around Camp Randall, should call 608-266-4681.

Additional information can also be found on the Streets Division’s Moving Days website, the Streets Division’s television and electronics recycling website, and the Recyclopedia.