Learn more about in-person services and schedule an in-person appointment.
Update and Timeline: Temporary Closure of the Wilson Street Garage
The City of Madison has completed an initial inspection of Wilson Street garage due to the sprinkler malfunction that occurred on Saturday, February 20. Staff from several departments and outside contractors are working from a checklist of repairs, inspections, and addressing ice conditions in pedestrian and vehicle travel areas to ensure the safe reopening of the garage. This is an on-going effort and a definitive date for reopening cannot yet be determined. At this time, we anticipate that the garage will remain closed through at least next week, and we will continue to provide updates to the public and permit holders on the status and timeline for reopening. The City is determined to see the garage returned to public use as soon as possible, realizing that this structure serves a broad community, providing access to businesses, government services, entertainment, and employment in the area.
Additional items to note:
- During the temporary closure of Wilson Street Garage, vehicles cannot enter the facility.
- Any vehicles currently parked in the Wilson Street garage can exit.
- To leave the vehicle occupants will need to move the barricade, or press the help-line to have on-site Parking staff respond to assist them.
- Payment or use of a monthly pass card will still be required to exit.
- Monthly pass holders can temporarily use their Wilson Street Garage monthly cards at the following city-owned parking structures through the end of the closure. Vehicles cannot re-enter until the garage re-opens.
- State Street Capitol Garage
- Overture Center Garage
- Capitol Square North Garage
- Brayton Lot
- For more location information visit: Parking Division Garages and Lots webpage
For additional background and to read the initial news releases about the Wilson Street Garage temporary closure, visit the following links:
Wilson Street Garage Temporarily Closed Due to a Sprinkler Malfunction
Update: Wilson Street Garage Temporarily Closed Due to a Sprinkler Malfunction
The Parking Division will continue to update the public with information as it develops. These updates will post in the City News Release section, on the main website for the Parking Division, and on the shared Traffic and Parking Facebook page.
- Parking Division, 608-266-4761, firstname.lastname@example.org