Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - 4:17pm
1. The Beacon will open at 7:30am during cold weather to limit the amount of time guests are exposed to the cold in the morning. The Beacon closes daily at 5pm.
2. Additional Emergency Day Warming Space: First United Methodist Church is serving as an emergency overflow warming space for families and women only, beginning Monday, January 28th (1/28)to Friday, February 1st (3/1), from 8:00am to 4:00pm. Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack will be served. FUMC does not provide access to showers or laundry.
3. Porchlight Overnight Shelter for Men: Beginning Tuesday, January 29th to Sunday, February 3rd, Porchlight’s men’s shelter will begin intake at 5:00pm to limit exposure to the cold. (On the weekends, the Central Library closes at 5pm and the State Capitol closes at 4pm. Porchlight will continue to begin intake at 5pm on weekends only until March 31st. Following 3/3, intake will once again begin at 5:30pm.)
4. Salvation Army Overnight Shelter for Women and Families: The Salvation Army typically begins intake for women and families at 4pm.
5. Emergency Transportation: The Beacon’s shuttle is currently operational and is helping people get from overnight shelters to The Beacon in the morning, and from The Beacon to overnight shelters in the evening.
6. Salvation Army is beginning their intake at 3:00 p.m. this week.
7. Madison Metro is coordinating with Porchlight and other area churches to provide transportation between shelters.
- Katie Crawley608-266-4611