One Person Sustains Superficial Burns in Grease Fire
Madison, WI 53719
A woman suffers superficial burns after she was involved in a grease fire.
The fire happened in a ranch style home, in the 7000 block of Pagham Drive, around 1:15pm.
The occupant was heating cooking oil and left the kitchen to attend to her infant. When she returned to the kitchen, she noticed the stovetop was on fire. She ran to the neighbor, with her infant to ask for help. The neighbor called 911 and stayed with the occupant.
Crews quickly extinguished the fire and ventilated the home of smoke.
Paramedics checked on the patient’s burns. She refused transport.
Fire damage to kitchen cabinets, range and drywall. Also, some smoke in main area, estimate damage $15,000.
The occupants were not displaced.