Five Displaced After Cooking Fire, Nobody Injured
West side fire companies responded to Crescent Road for a possible kitchen fire in an apartment. Ladder 7 went in to investigate and located an apartment with a smoke alarm sounding, light smoke showing, but no fire.
Occupants confirmed there had been a grease fire, and they were able to extinguish it with a fire extinguisher. Nobody was injured.
Damage from the fire included charring on the wall near the stove area, a melted electrical outlet in the wall, a burnt vent hood, and charred cabinets. Five occupants were displaced due to the extent of damage and due to electrical service to the unit being shut down.
Madison Police provided language translation services and assisted in obtaining the services of the American Red Cross for the displaced occupants.