Fire Discovered in Nursing Home Linen Room Not Believed To Be Suspicious
An alarm at 110 Belmont Road, Belmont Nursing Home & Rehab Center, alerted staff to a fire in the linen room at the facility. A staff member described to firefighters that fire was “dripping” from a ceiling light/fan fixture onto a linen shelf and floor below.
With fire crews en route, the staff member threw water on the fire, and a maintenance worker also shot a dry chemical extinguisher at the fire. The fire was out prior to Ladder Co. 1’s arrival.
Staff directed firefighters to the affected area. Occupants sheltered in place with doors closed as firefighters inspected the linen room. Ladder 1 pulled away parts of the ceiling and used a water can to extinguish smoldering insulation.
MFD remained on scene to confirm there were no other hot spots and no further fire spread. The fire is not believed to be suspicious.