Incident Type: 
Monday, February 27, 2023 - 1:15am
Monday, February 27, 2023 - 1:22am
4300 block Nakoma Road
Madison, WI

Firefighters responded to 4327 Nakoma Road (Oak Park Place) for a reported fire involving a commercial laundry dryer. Engine Co. 9 encountered smoke in the basement, but the fire was already out. Ladder Co. 7 joined Engine 9’s crew in the basement to set up a high-power fan to clear out the smoke.

The dryer was a total loss due to the fire. It is unknown what was inside the dryer when it ignited, but the item(s) was hot enough to break the glass on the dryer door and get into the motor of the dryer.

The laundry room suffered smoke damage, and there was charring of the wood trim surrounding the appliance. The dryer was checked on both sides for any fire extension and nothing was found. Crews also inspected the ceiling tiles and space above to confirm there was no other fire. No injuries were reported.

Posted 03/03/2023 - 10:47am

Cynthia Schuster (Public Information Officer)