Sherman Village Park Basketball Court Replacement
City Parks Division is reconstructing the basketball court at Sherman Village Park in 2020. The existing court was in poor condition, contained cracking asphalt, and was showing signs of deterioration.
The project consists of the following:
- Removal of the existing basketball court and standards
- Restoration of the existing court area to turf
- Installation of a new basketball court at a location closer to the east side of the park
- Striping of the new court to court standards
- Installation of a new asphalt path spur to serve the court
As part of City Parks ongoing commitment to reduce stormwater runoff and improve water quality, permeable asphalt is being installed on this site. Permeable asphalt allows the rain water in infiltrate directly through the asphalt due to large voids in the pavement mixture. Permeable asphalt is being installed here on a trial basis and if proven successful, it's use may be expanded throughout the city.
A Public Informational Meeting was held at the following time and location
Gompers Elementary School Cafeteria
1502 Wyoming Way,
Madison, WI 53704
Date: Tuesday Feb 18th, 2020
Time: 6:15pm - 7:30pm
Work is scheduled to be complete by the end of 2020.
A schematic of the project is shown below.
If you have questions or comments please contact Corey Stelljes at (608) 266-6518 or firstname.lastname@example.org.