Coronavirus (COVID-19) Garages and Lots Updates
Garages & Lots
Off-street facilities do require payment every day, 24 hours of the day .
- In an effort to safely accommodate the community and staff while continuing to meet parking needs, there will be no cashiers on duty. Garages and lots will only accept payment at the pay-on-foot stations or by credit card at the exit. There are pay-on-foot stations near most walking entrances and credit/debit card payment options at exit gates.
- Parking Maintenance has implemented a twice daily cleaning/disinfecting procedure for all PARCS equipment, (including: Pay-on-Foot, Exit, and Entry Stations); elevator panels & lobbies, door handles, and railings in all of our garages, and surface lots.
- Current hourly parking availability
- Rate information
Current City-owned public-parking garages adjustments due to Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- City-owned public parking garages and Brayton returned to their standard rates.
- The “Saturdays, first hour of parking is free” ended on March 15, 2021.
- The temporary MAX daily rate of $8 ended on March 15, 2021 in City-owned public parking garages, and standard rates will apply during weekday hours.
- With the elimination of the temporary $8 daily maximum, the Nights and Weekends maximum rate will be reinstated at a rate of $8.
- On weeknights, the $8 max daily rate accrues for each parking session, from 6pm – 5am, Monday - Friday.
- The weekend rates accrue each day, Saturday and Sunday, from 5am - 5am the following day.
- If a person exits and re-enters on the same day, a new session begins, and the hourly rate would again accrue for the new session.
Read the full release about the recent change that returns garages to regular rates: City to Resume All On-Street Parking Restrictions June 1
Read the full release about the current incremental changes: City of Madison Parking Division Adjustments to Current Garage Reduced Pricing on March 15th
Read the full previous release about the expired change: Maximum Daily Rate Increases to $8 for City-Owned Parking Garages and Brayton Lot (ended March 15, 2021)
Read the full release about the expired change: $5 Maximum per Day and First Hour Free on Saturdays in City-Owned Parking Garages *UPDATE the $5 rate was extended. This rate is temporary and will expire on January 4, 2021.