Power, Influence & Ethics
A critical skill in any government organization is understanding and appropriate use of power and influence. If we aren't careful, this can come at a high ethical cost. This course will cover the following objectives:
- Define leadership, ethics and power and illustrate the link between these concepts.
- Discuss the role that power plays in leadership within today's society.
- Clarify preferred personal power style and be able to increase personal and social power through a broader understanding of power bases.
- Analyze the limitations and challenges posed by the possibility of ethical leadership and be able to propose appropriate responses.
- Critically think about and determine appropriate responses to ethical leadership dilemmas.