Warner Park Boat Launch Parking Lot Reconstruction
Last Updated: 10/22/2018
City Parks Division is reconstructing the parking lot at Warner Park Boat Launch in fall 2018. The existing parking lot was in poor condition, contained cracking asphalt, had poor drainage, and was showing signs of cracking and deterioration. The boat launch ramps and breakwater were reconstructed in 2017 and the parking lot is a continuation Parks commitment to bring the Warner Park launch up to modern standards.
The project will consist of the following:
- Removal and replacement of the asphalt surface
- Removal and replacement of the concrete curb and gutter
- Re-striping the parking lot to include diagonal parking stalls similar to the launch at Marshall Park
- Creating directional traffic flow through the lot to reduce conflicts and congestion
- Lighting improvements
- Sidewalk replacement along Woodward Dr
- Installation of an invasive species wash station
- Installation of landscaping and parking lot islands
- New parking lot paint striping and signing
This project has been designed and bid. The contract has been awarded to R.G. Huston General Contractors. Construction has begun and continue through November in 2018. The launch will be closed during this time, boaters should consider using alternate locations.
City Parks held a Public Informational Meeting on Wednesday, May 30th, 2018 at Warner Park Community Recreation Center. Parks Staff took comments and questions from people in attendance and presented material on the project.
If you were unable to attend the meeting or if you have questions or comments please contact Corey Stelljes at (608) 266-6518 or email@example.com.