Warner Park Boat Launch Parking Lot Reconstruction
Last Updated: 05/01/2019
City Parks Division is reconstructing the parking lot at Warner Park Boat Launch in 2018 and 2019. The existing parking lot was in poor condition, contained cracking asphalt, had poor drainage, and was showing signs of cracking and deterioration. The boat launch ramps and breakwater were reconstructed in 2017 and the parking lot is a continuation Parks commitment to bring the Warner Park launch up to modern standards.
The project consists of the following:
- Removal and replacement of the asphalt surface
- Removal and replacement of the concrete curb and gutter
- Re-striping the parking lot to include diagonal parking stalls similar to the launch at Marshall Park
- Creating directional traffic flow through the lot to reduce conflicts and congestion
- Lighting improvements
- Sidewalk replacement along Woodward Dr
- Installation of an invasive species wash station
- Installation of landscaping and parking lot islands
- New parking lot paint striping and signing
The contract has been awarded to R.G. Huston General Contractors and is currently under construction. The launch is still closed for construction and will open on Saturday May 4th to the public. The launch will be closed until then and boaters should consider using alternate locations.
City Parks held a Public Informational Meeting on Wednesday, May 30th, 2018 at Warner Park Community Recreation Center. Parks Staff took comments and questions from people in attendance and presented material on the project.
If you have questions or comments please contact Corey Stelljes at (608) 266-6518 or firstname.lastname@example.org.