Sherman Village Park Basketball Court Replacement
Last Updated: 01/31/2020
City Parks Division is reconstructing the basketball court at Sherman Village Park in 2020. The existing court is in poor condition, contains cracking asphalt, and is showing signs of deterioration.
The project will consist of the following:
- Removal of the existing basketball court and standards
- Restoration of the existing court area to turf
- Installation of a new basketball court at a location closer to the east side of the park
- Striping of the new court to court standards
- Installation of a new asphalt path spur to serve the court
A Public Informational Meeting has been scheduled at the following time and location
Gompers Elementary School Cafeteria
1502 Wyoming Way,
Madison, WI 53704
Date: Tuesday Feb 18th, 2020
Time: 6:15pm - 7:30pm
At the meeting City Parks staff will make a short presentation on the project. Following the presentation attendees will have the chance to make comments or ask questions about the project.
Some items City Parks would like feed back on include the desire to replace the court, the proposed court size (half court vs full court), and court location.
Work is scheduled to be complete sometime in 2020.
One schematic of a possible court layout is shown below.
If you have questions or comments please contact Corey Stelljes at (608) 266-6518 or email@example.com.