Madison Public Library’s Pinney Library Opens January 7
Thursday, January 3, 2019 - 2:10pm
Pinney Library to open at 9am on Monday, January 7 in year-long interim space at 211 Cottage Grove Road
Madison Public Library’s Pinney Library, formerly located at 204 Cottage Grove Road, will open at an interim space at 211 Cottage Grove Road on Monday, January 7. The library is moving to the interim space as a new Pinney Library is constructed at 516 Cottage Grove Road, expected to open in spring of 2020.
Regular Pinney Library hours will continue to be Monday-Friday 9am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm, and Sunday 1-5pm from Labor Day through Memorial Day. The library will be closed on Monday, January 21 in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Important information for Pinney Library customers:
- You will keep your place in the holds queue for any items you have on hold.
- Pinney holds are currently at the Hawthorne Library. At end of day, Saturday, January 5, they will move to the interim Pinney Library at 211 Cottage Grove Road, and be available for pick up at Pinney beginning Monday, January 7, at 9am.
- You’ll be notified as usual when holds are available. Your items will be available for pickup at Hawthorne Library during the closure unless you specify otherwise.
- Items will have the same checkout period as usual.
- All book drops at Pinney are closed. A book drop will open at the interim Pinney Library at 211 Cottage Grove Road beginning Monday, January 7, 9 am.
- Items can be returned to any library in the South Central Library System.
- Items can be renewed online at linkcat.info, by calling Telecirc at 608-242-4700, or by calling any Madison Public Library.
Meeting Room Space
- Customers who use the Pinney Library for meeting space or community programs are encouraged to contact other locations during the closure. The Interim Library at 211 Cottage Grove Road will not have a meeting room and there will be limited programming available. A list of other nearby meeting location options is at https://www.madisonpubliclibrary.org/pinney as well as a calendar of events.
The future Pinney Library will be located in Ruedebusch Development & Construction’s Royster Corners mixed use development located at the intersection of Cottage Grove Road and Dempsey Road in a 20,000 square foot space. Construction on the building began in the spring 2018, with the internal construction scheduled to begin in spring of 2019. The new library is expected to open to the public in spring of 2020.
The new Pinney Library at Royster Corners will feature expanded seating and meeting spaces; improved spaces for children and teens, including a Play Lab space for young children ages 0-5; an outdoor space for events and programs; updated technology; a quiet reading area; and a drive-through book drop. The library will be a model building for sustainability, with the hopes of attaining LEED Gold certification.
Those interested in learning more about the Pinney Library project can visit the following sites for more information:
Madison Public Library’s Pinney Library (including sign up for email updates about library news and opening dates)
City of Madison Engineering Project Page
Madison Public Library Foundation’s Campaign for a New Pinney Library
- Tana Elias, Digital Services & Marketing Manager, Madison Public Library608firstname.lastname@example.org