Candle Fire Displaces 3
Three people were displaced when a fire damaged their apartments on Evan Acres Road Friday evening. Fire units were dispatched to an apartment fire in a multi-family apartment building at 4:54 pm.
Ladder 6 was first to arrive on scene at 5:05 pm, followed by Ladder 8. First in report included smoke coming from the second floor window of the apartment building. Companies began interior firefighting operations and were able to contain the fire to a single unit. However two more apartments were affected during overhaul.
The fire was caused by improper use of candles and caused upwards of 20,000 dollars in damages.
No injuries were reported at the scene. Three people have been displaced, two requested assistance from the Red Cross.