East Badger Mill Creek Watershed Study
Last Updated: 10/12/2020
There are no updates at this time. Sign up for the email list for this project to get the latest information when it's available.
The City of Madison will be completing a watershed study in the East Badger Mill Creek watershed (as shown below). The watershed study will identify causes of existing flooding and then look at potential solutions to try to reduce flooding. The study will use computer models to assist with the evaluations. This study will be completed by City of Madison water resource engineers.
For more information, please see the Flash Flooding Story Map. *Note: Please view the story map using Firefox or Google Chrome browsers. Story maps are not viewable with Internet Explorer.
The watershed drains south towards Badger Mill Creek through greenways that have a concrete bottom, and grass side slopes.
This study will begin late-Fall 2019 and is expected to take over 18 months. During this time, the city will look at watersheds as a whole to make sure solving a flooding problem upstream won’t push more water downstream and cause more flooding.
There are a number of points of contact during this project where the public is encouraged to give feedback as part of public information meetings and public hearings. Dates and times are indicated below:
Public Information Meetings
Public Information Meeting No. 1 was held Oct. 29, 2020 at the Madison Public Library Meadowridge branch (5726 Raymond Rd., Madison, WI 53711.
Oct. 29, 2020 Public Information Meeting No. 1 PowerPoint Presentation
- City of Madison Flood Website
- Flash Flooding Resilience Story Map *Note: Please view the story map using Firefox or Google Chrome browsers. Story maps are not viewable with Internet Explorer.
- Watershed Frequently Asked Questions
- Engineering Waterways Newsletter 2020 Issue
- Watershed Studies 2019 Audio Presentation
- Flood Prevention Flyer and website
- LISTEN: Everyday Engineering Podcast Episode: Basement Drainage
- LISTEN: Everyday Engineering Podcast Episode: Historic Flooding
- LISTEN: Everyday Engineering Podcast Episode: What's going on with the Watershed?
We would like you to share information about the flooding you’ve experienced. Even if you have reported your flooding to 2-1-1, FEMA, or a City official, we need standardized information to calibrate stormwater models that show existing flooding conditions. Additionally, the flood data helps the City prioritize different flood projects and future watershed studies Please report any flooding you’ve experienced at: www.cityofmadison.com/reportflooding